The Breadth and Effectiveness of the Living Inquiries
The Living Inquiries are used by Scott Kiloby and facilitators at the Kiloby Center in Palm Springs, California and by over 80 facilitators who work online with people all over the world. Although thousands of people are aware of this work, there are still misconceptions about it. Some believe the inquiries are only for addiction or only for self-esteem issues. They have a much broader reach than that. We have now compiled enough testimonials and field experience with this work to say that the inquiries are quite effective in relieving virtually any kind of unhappiness or suffering. We are continuing to gather information and case studies to support these findings. The facilitators have found the inquiries to be successful on the following issues:
1. Addiction – Not only addiction to common drugs and alcohol but also addiction to thinking, gambling, sex, porn, eating, love, relationships, cleaning, work, worrying, rage, complaining, blaming and just about any other addiction you can imagine.
2. Anxiety – This includes generalized anxiety, phobias, PTSD, worry and all other forms of fear and anxiousness about the future or about specific situations.
3. Health, Illness, Physical Pain, Death – The inquiries bring relief from the psychological and emotional suffering around these issues.
4. Depression – This includes clinical diagnosed depression as well as depression that is self-diagnosed.
5. Stress – This includes extreme and frequent stress as well as the everyday stress that many experience in their family relationships, social situations, jobs and other areas.
6. Trauma – Childhood and other forms of trauma including sex and other abuse.
7. Obsession – Pure obsession, OCD and other forms of obsession.
8. Spiritual Seeking – Many people work with Scott or other facilitators because they are seeking enlightenment or awakening. The inquiries are quite effective in bringing about the awakening that is sought within a short period of time.
9. Self-Esteem Issues – Because the inquiries focus on what Scott calls “Deficiency stories,” these tools work to release all forms of low self-esteem.
10. Relationship Issues – The boomerang and panorama aspects of the inquiries release the psychological and emotional triggers that bring about struggle and disharmony in relationships.
11. Body contractions – Certain addictions and other behaviors occur because certain parts of the body contain energetic tightness or contraction (e.g., the throat, chest, stomach or pelvic area). The mining techniques of the inquiries release these contractions so that the body begins to feel warm, open, spacious and peaceful.
The list above is not a guarantee. Part of the success of the inquiries depends on how deeply you take them into your life. Merely dabbling in this work will not take you very far with it. Visiting Scott’s center in Palm Springs or working with a facilitator for a few weeks or more helps tremendously. If you have an issue that is not on this list, email Scott at the Center at info @ kilobycenter.com or one of the facilitators to find out whether the inquiries address the issue. Normally the answer is “yes.”
Scott facilitating an "Unfindable" Inquiry
Take a Fresh Look at Who You Are
As Scott has written:
“We are all looking for happiness or contentment in our lives. We want a reduction in stress, anxiety, conflict and addiction. We want that inner voice of self-judgment to quiet so that we can fully realize our creative potential. We want harmony in our relationships. We want life to flow smoothly instead of feeling like a constant struggle.
“Most often, we look for the solutions to these problems outside ourselves in other people, situations, jobs, relationships, substances, concepts and material things. We may even get involved in seeking self-improvement or enlightenment while feeling as though we never quite reach where we would like to be. When this relentless seeking becomes exhaustive and fruitless, a shift in our attention can begin to take place. We begin to turn inward and look at our moment by moment experience differently, with fresh eyes. And this shift of focus makes all the difference.
“We all have this capacity to shift our focus. We were born with it. But our parents, teachers and friends did not show us how to look. They did not know how. The Living Inquiries awaken this capacity to look in a different way. The Inquiries are simple, effective tools that allow us to turn towards and dissolve the beliefs, fears, anger, sadness, guilt, shame and lack that have been running our lives. They show us how to allow everything to be as it is, instead of trying to constantly change our experience or seek something outside ourselves. This provides a deep relaxation in the midst of whatever is happening, which is nothing short of a radical shift in perspective.
“With the Living Inquiries, we naturally begin to experience a reduction or elimination of stress, anxiety, conflict and addiction. The deficiency stories that have raced through our minds all our lives (e.g., “I’m not good enough,” “I’m unhappy”) begin to quiet, providing a more easeful, compassionate, loving and peaceful experience. We find that happiness and contentment are natural aspects of our present experience through this way of looking. They were simply overlooked in the constant movement of trying to change our experience.
“Through this deep investigation, our lives begin to flow more smoothly. The inner peace and restfulness we discover allows new possibilities and benefits to reveal themselves in our outer experience. We find a wealth of compassion for other human beings and for all of life. Our relationships become automatically harmonized. The sense of separation between us relaxes. Our creative potential is naturally released. We start living in the present moment with a calm, abiding inner peace instead of continuing to be entangled in thoughts of past and future. We see that the stories of deficiency that have been with us since our youth are not really who we are. They release themselves just by looking at them and asking a few questions. These changes begin to occur just from looking at your experience differently with the Inquiries, not from personal will and effort.
“The Inquiries were developed by Scott Kiloby and refined by his facilitators in the last several years. We now have over seventy facilitators in 11 different countries. And people from all over the world, virtually every country, have benefited from this work. Come join us on this new and exciting discovery. See for yourself how the inquiries literally untangle the thoughts, emotions and sensations that keep you feeling stuck in your life! To get the most benefit from this work, we highly encourage you to work with a trained facilitator at first.”